[ RadSafe ] Busby: chemist or physicist?

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Mon May 2 19:00:24 CDT 2011

May 2

         It is true that degrees and titles do
not necessarily determine one's qualifications to discuss a subject.

         I maintain that Chris Busby is not
qualified to claim that radiation releases from
Fukushima will lead to 800,000 excess cancer
deaths in Tokyo.  He claimed at the infowars.com
link below to have calculations to prove this.  I
have already asked him for them and so far they
have not been forthcoming.  Okay, okay.  I only
made the claim yesterday and perhaps CB hasn't
had the opportunity to post them.  So let's wait
until he does post them --- not that I think he
ever will --- and we can evaluate them and see if they have any merit.

         Let me point out too, that CB still has
not said anything of substance about my critique
of his claims about infant leukemias being caused
by the Chernobyl accident.  On April 29 I asked
him to explain the "5 difference groups" he
appeared to have introduced in a posting here on
the 29th.  So far we have heard nothing about
these purported groups.  By itself, Busby's
reluctance to substantiate his allegations induces some skepticism on my part.

         I reiterate my offer:  if anyone can
find errors of fact or interpretation in my
critique of Busby, please post them here so we can assess them.

Steven Dapra