[ RadSafe ] Ongoing Criticalities Inside Leaking Fukushima Daiichi Unit 2

John Ahlquist john.ahlquist at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 3 01:03:54 CDT 2011

It is bothersome that the anonymous GLG Expert Contributor says it is
“unequivocal” that on-going criticalities are producing more I-131 at Unit 2.
From my reading of the TEPCO graphs, the I-131 to Cs-137 ratio changes in both
directions. For example from April 20-22 the ratio changed from around 5 to
nearly 1 on Unit 4.  Does this mean more Cs-137 is being produced?  I doubt it.
We are given log scales, no error bars and no discussion on measurement or
sample collection quality.  The physics and chemistry of release and migration
of the stew at risk are complex as stated in Bob Hearn’s note.  For credibility,
the expert contributor should identify him or herself and provide further
information leading to the unequivocal ranking.

John Ahlquist