[ RadSafe ] Radiation exposure and the power of zero By JeffreyPatterson | 26 April 2011

Chris Hofmeyr chris.hofmeyr at webmail.co.za
Mon May 9 02:32:58 CDT 2011

Hi, Bill,

Being alive of course incurs a 100% integrated risk irrespective of the meaning
of safety!. However, the LNT crowd treats living organisms as dead matter, i.e.
with no biological response to (radiation) damage. That is most probably a poor
assumption. Higher forms of life are not possible without vigorous and efficient
DNA repair mechanisms. Aging probably results from the fact that the repair
mechanisms are not quite 100% effective to begin with and weaken with time.
Regards,
Chris
chris.hofmeyr at webmail.co.za

On Fri, 6 May 2011 13:42:16 -0400 "Bill Prestwich" <prestwic at mcmaster.ca> wrote