[ RadSafe ] Fallon leukemias, and mosquitoes

Fred Dawson fd003f0606 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 19 02:09:35 CDT 2011

Could it be mosquitoes

"BITES from mosquitoes carrying unidentified viruses might explain childhood
leukaemia clusters around the town of Fallon in Nevada. And last week, a
separate UK report found no link between nuclear power plants and childhood
The Nevada cluster is the largest in the US. Previous research failed to
find a link between the cases and carcinogenic chemicals. The new study of
the 14 Fallon cases that arose between 1997 and 2003 - a rate 12 times
higher than normally expected in such a period - concludes that military
personnel may have brought a virus to the area, which was then spread by
mosquitoes. The cluster "fizzled out" once all vulnerable children had been

Fred Dawson