[ RadSafe ] Unholy Alliance ; Long-lived radionuclides

Jerry Cohen jjc105 at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 14:56:05 CDT 2011

Mike,
I certainly agree that there is an unholy alliance between the anti-nukes (who
are genuinely concerned, but technologically ignorant), and those scientists and
bureaucrats who depend on the perception of a unique and unprecedented  hazard
to continually obtain hugh levels of funding to "solve" the problem. The Yucca
Mountain Project is a monument to this technological greed.
Oceanic disposal of HLW would provide a safe and inexpensive way to deal with
HLW disposal, but since there no "big bucks" available for this politically
unpopular approach, it receives no support. What a shame!

Jerry Cohen