[ RadSafe ] Long-lived radionuclides

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Fri May 27 23:00:24 CDT 2011

Dear Jerry:

You will get no arguments there from me! And, the "Human Intrusion
Scenarios" for the WIPP provide less radioactive materials to the surface
than would occur during the drilling of a similar number of wells in a
uranium deposit.

There are certain anthropogenic activities that cause to be made available
heavy metals and other materials (e.g. asbestos) that do cause damage.  Much
of the damage to waterways and the environment has become regulated, and the
issues related to those materials are controlled.  Unfortunately, the mental
state of "environmentalism" causes much to be worried about that have no (or
very little) basis in fact.  Regulators do not have the luxury of
prioritizing a list of the worst issues, they have to react to the loudest,
and generally less informed, voices in society.

Dan ii

--
Dan W McCarn, Geologist
108 Sherwood Blvd