[ RadSafe ] WHO: Cell phone use

Geo>K0FF GEOelectronics at netscape.com
Tue May 31 12:28:12 CDT 2011

"WHO: Cell phone use can increase possible cancer risk

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/05/31/who.cell.phones/index.html

according to the World Health Organization. The agency now lists mobile phone use in the same "carcinogenic hazard" category as lead, engine exhaust and chloroform.

Before its announcement Tuesday, WHO had assured consumers that no adverse health effects had been established.

Bob Yoss
MCW/FMLH"Glad to see this come out. I and many other folks who have been involved in the R.F. industryhave *always& had concerns about chronic microwave R.F. in close proximity to the head, eyes.Nonionizing does not mean no detectable effects.Fellow radiomen tell tales of birds dropping dead when flying in front of large radar arrays (DEW Line. I myself developed cataracts at age 40.Too much anecdotal evidence to ignore.Check archives. We were laughed at.George DowellFCC First Class Radiophone + Radar License Licensed Radioman since 1966 Radioshop owner since 1969 Motorola Service Center Owner since 1978 Electrical Contractor's License IBEW Local #1Communications Contractor's License