[ RadSafe ] DU not toxicologically identical to non D-U

Witold Matysiak matysiw at mcmaster.ca
Thu Nov 3 11:39:24 CDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Busby, Chris <C.Busby at ulster.ac.uk> wrote:
"Uranium absorbs natural background gamma radiation on the basis of its
high atomic number, the photoelectron flux at the position of the uranium
is greater, dose for dose, U238 that U235 since there"

I may be missing the point here, but U238 and U235 have the same atomic
numbers so based on the standard theory photoelectric cross-sections are
equal for both.
What effects related with mass number should be included in PE X-section?