[ RadSafe ] DU not toxicologically identical to non D-U

Witold Matysiak matysiw at mcmaster.ca
Sun Nov 6 11:09:31 CST 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 7:09 AM, Busby, Chris <C.Busby at ulster.ac.uk> wrote:

"Yes. Hurrah. Witold Matisiak has figured it out, and he is correct."

Arguments ad hominem aside.

"But if there are high Z elements these pull in the gamma background"
"Gold nanoparticles have been used to enhance X-ray cancer therapy"

There is significant difference in Z between tissue and gold. There is no
difference in Z between U235 and U238. I think this settles the argument in
this portion.

As you pointed out earlier, the difference is in this "photoelectric flux
enhancement per unit dose" factor, and this one gives absurd results, i.e.
stable elements are the most toxic.

As far as his conclusion is concerned (absurd conclusions) we have to ask