[ RadSafe ] DU not toxicologically identical to non D-U

Witold Matysiak matysiw at mcmaster.ca
Mon Nov 7 08:41:13 CST 2011

"The gamma absorption is proportional to the 5th power of the atomic number"

Photoelectric X-section varies as Z^5, so there is no difference in
photoelectron flux per ATOM between 235U and 238U, since they have equal Z
numbers.

Photoelectric flux per DOSE is higher for 238U than 235U. For any stable
element photoelectric flux per DOSE is infinite. This is nonsense.