[ RadSafe ] evacuation: where and how long?

Karen Street Karen_Street at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 21 21:02:40 CST 2011

Thanks all.

1 mSv/year, and the Ukraine didn't object????

According to http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/default.aspx?id=498&terms=chernobyl%20exclusion%20zone

in only 0.5 sq km of the 4300 sq km exclusion zone does radioactivity exceed the normal background (2.5 mSv) by more than 50%.

This does not make sense to me. Why would people agree to protecting us against such a meaningless level of danger?

--
Best wishes,
Karen Street