[ RadSafe ] US enriched uranium weapons caused Fallujah cancer, UK-Iraq study finds

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 14:42:58 CST 2011

Dan McCarn wrote:

> After reviewing the abstract of the paper that James mentioned, the
> concentration of uranium represented by 27 mBq-Kg-1 (0.027 Bq / Kg) is about
> 1 µg/L (1 microgram / L).  Most waters have more than that.

I wasn't trying to imply that the West European cheeses were
contaminated, only that the uranium that they did contain had an
enriched isotope ratio, which was attributed to natural processes by
the authors. This assertion that chemical isotope separation occurs
naturally is consistent with the very different translocation rates of
uranium isotopes in the human body reported in BNWL-2500, Part 1, pp.
379-380 (1978.)

If chemical isotope enrichment is a born secret doctrine taboo topic,
which seems very likely to me, then fine, but it's not ethical to try
to ridicule or discredit researchers who find enriched ratios in
groundwater.  Especially when only anti-DU researchers are the ones
who are subject to such ridicule.  Especially when authorities keep
telling bald faced lies about safety, e.g.,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/nov/14/minister-sorry-dangers-depleted-uranium

Back to the topic, I can't find any reports of anyone looking at Iraqi
dairy products, which seems absurd given the amount of soil and
groundwater contamination studies which are published. Almost all of
the food chain studies of uranium contamination around geological
deposits and mine tailings in developed countries focus on dairy
because it's the most concentrated and bioavailable source in the
human food chain (other than the livers of Caribou that have eaten
lichens around deposits somewhere in Canada.) Domestic milk in Iraq is
entirely from goats and sheep watered from wells, so why isn't anyone
looking at Iraqi dairy?

Sincerely,
James Salsman