[ RadSafe ] Drawing the line between science andpseudo-science. (was Rational Thought)

John Gerald Center, Jr john.center at wmich.edu
Wed Oct 5 15:11:03 CDT 2011

The Bible also says that God's word could be manipulated.  Time and usage changes some word meanings.  "Fear God" is common now and has meanings to us that I don't believe was the intentional meaning.  Historically, the original language was meant to convey something along the lines of to "hold in awe". When I hear "Rad", I immediately think one thing, but on a California beach, someone yelling "rad" has a whole other meaning.

Also, the Bible was not written by God, it was written by fallible men inspired by God.  And, the New Testament was decided on by committee.  There were several Gospels left out because they did not fit in with the purposes of the committee.  And, look at the four Gospels that were kept.  They tell basically the same story except the farther in time the get from Jesus' actual time on earth, the more despicable Judas becomes.  I fear some things may have been lost in translation and/or misinterpretted due to time.  Originally, an Old Testament "day" could be representative of a millennium.  And later, when people were living "900 years", years could be entirely different from our concept of a year.  For us, a year is one revolution around the sun.  And this is a relatively new concept from a historical perspective.

In Christ,

John