[ RadSafe ] Drawing the line betweenscienceandpseudo-science. (was Rational Thought)

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu Oct 6 20:53:21 CDT 2011


May we separate science from religion?

I appreciate your comments on RADSAFE very much - you know.

But I do not appreciate that you let yourself provocate by this Chris Busby to change topics from science to religion - whatever it might be. Your religion is your personal decision and nothing to discuss on RADSAFE. It is nothing to be put forward by this Chris Busby! 
I completely disagree with your comment on the resurrection of Jesus Christ - there is nowhere any evidence - but this will not prevent me from taking your comments on radiation protection topics serious. I call this "tolerance"!

Best regards and best wishes,


---- Steven Dapra <sjd at swcp.com> schrieb:
> Oct. 6
>          To reiterate, the literal, physical, bodily resurrection of 
> Jesus Christ
> from the grave is one of the best established facts of history.  I'm
> not going to debate it because there is nothing to debate.  It happened.
> Steven Dapra
> At 02:47 AM 10/6/2011, you wrote:
> >Dear Steven
> >
> >This is not science. Science is empirical, relies on experiment.
> >It would not stand up in any court of law.
> >This statement should not appear under the heading Rational Thought.
> >It is called: Belief
> >It is no different form the beliefs of the Azande witchdoctors or 
> >the Buddhists or the Hindus.
> >It may of course be correct, and so may they, I cant say, but it is 
> >not rational and it is not science.
> >I now see where you come from, this and your creationism.
> >Thank you. I will probably not bother to respond to anything you say 
> >from now on.
> >
> >Incidentally, Im not at all sure how this thread is on a RADSAFE 
> >discussion group, entertaining as it may be.
> >
> >Good luck
> >
> >Chris
> >
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: radsafe-bounces at agni.phys.iit.edu on behalf of Steven Dapra
> >Sent: Thu 06/10/2011 01:46
> >To: The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing List
> >Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Drawing the line between 
> >scienceandpseudo-science.     (was Rational Thought)
> >
> >Oct. 5
> >
> >          The literal, physical, bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ
> >from the grave is one of the best established facts of history.  I'm
> >not going to debate it because there is nothing to debate.  It happened.
> >
> >Steven Dapra
> >
> >
> >At 03:01 PM 10/5/2011, you wrote:
> > >I quite agree that such misconceptions  can happen and things can
> > >get lost in traslation or things can be misinterpretted. However,
> > >all of these can happen to important stuff such as the healing of
> > >the blind (may be he was not quite blind) and the walking on water
> > >(may be it was very shallow) and the resurrection itself (it may
> > >never actually happened). Then what is left from christianity? On
> > >the other hand, science can demostrate by experiment much of its
> > >corpus. This is quite different.
> > >
> > >Demetrios
> >
> >[edit]
> _______________________________________________
> You are currently subscribed to the RadSafe mailing list
> Before posting a message to RadSafe be sure to have read and understood the RadSafe rules. These can be found at: http://health.phys.iit.edu/radsaferules.html
> For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe and other settings visit: http://health.phys.iit.edu

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD, MinRat
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
mobile: ++43 699 1706 1227

More information about the RadSafe mailing list