[ RadSafe ] deactivated nukes

Wed Oct 12 11:29:17 CDT 2011

Hi, James.

I would go with your initial impulse on this.  Maybe the UFOs didn't
think submarines were worth bothering with, but as someone who was at
that end of the strategic weapons biz, I am pretty sure if someone was
messing with our nukes from the outside, there would have been a memo.
I am not even sure what "deactivated" means in this context, as warheads
are not kept energized all the time (it wears on the electronics), but
are powered up when the missile is "spun-up" (though I admit that other
systems may work differently).  Additionally, it would show gross
incompetence on the part of those operating the UFOs to temporarily
"deactivate" some weapons, rather than permanently taking out all of
them.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu
[mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of James Salsman
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:16 PM
To: radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu
Subject: [ RadSafe ] deactivated nukes

Since Franz thinks my opinion about underground nuclear testing
matters, I thought I would ask a related question which may seem
esoteric at first, but the actual question concerns confidential
decision support.

Today I received in the mail a 600+ page book, "UFOs and Nukes" by
Robert Hastings (2008.) Normally I would dismiss any credulous book
about UFOs, but this one includes documentation of more than 120
military officers who say that they witnessed nuclear weapons
unexpectedly deactivated in missile silos in the US and USSR during
the Cold War, coincident with the observations UFOs being sighted
above ground at the corresponding missile bases within a minute of the
deactivations.  Not only have the USAF and Soviet officers confirmed
their statements for the book, but seven of the USAF officer they went
in front of the National Press Club last November.  Their are videos
at http://ufohastings.com and more information at
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/28/national/main6907702.shtml
and http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/tag/robert-hastings/

More than 30% of the population of the US believes that
extraterrestrials have visited the Earth (if that seems high, consider
that a majority of the US believes angels currently visit the Earth.)
I would like to know the corresponding figure for health physicists,
but only if the survey was confidential.  Are there any precedents or
available facilities for confidential surveys of the Health Physics
Society?

Sincerely,
James Salsman