[ RadSafe ] Help with a Princeton Gamma Tech cryostat

Carl Willis carl.willis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:44:11 CDT 2011

Dear Radsafers,

I recently acquired a "IGC"-series PGT germanium detector with a
horizontal ("HT") cryostat configuration.  It appears to be in
electrical working order, but the 30-liter Dewar has been vented to
atmosphere.  I'm curious if any of you have experience regenerating
the vacuum in a PGT Dewar.  If you can advise about a source for the
special plumbing to do this (it probably mates with a fitting on the
preamp collar), if you can provide documentation explaining the
specific procedure, or if any other relevant details come to mind,
please send me a message or call 505-412-3277.  I do know that this
Dewar has a molecular sieve lining...I can hear it rolling around in
there.

Thanks,
Carl Willis