[ RadSafe ] Is there a threshold for radiation effects?

Jerry Cohen jjc105 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 15:05:37 CDT 2011

Dr. Edward Calabrese has received much criticism recently for suggesting that
Muller may have willfully withheld information indicating  the existence dose
threshold for radiation effects. Muller's research had a strong influence on the
early BEIR committee recommendations for the assumption of LNT which provided
the basis for many radiation exposure regulations, primarily ALARA.

Since Muller is deceased, we may never know what his motivations were, but the
overwhelming evidence currently available indicates that LNT is a bogus concept.
Adherence to LNT has caused the needless squandering of billions dollars to
protect against a nonexistsent risk. There has been much discussion on radsafe
on this issue. I was wondering whether the recent "revelations" have changed
anybody's opinion on the subject.

Jerry Cohen