[ RadSafe ] Is there a threshold for radiation effects?

Jerry Cohen jjc105 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 15:05:37 CDT 2011

Dr. Edward Calabrese has received much criticism recently for suggesting that
Muller may have willfully withheld information indicating  the existence dose
threshold for radiation effects. Muller's research had a strong influence on the
early BEIR committee recommendations for the assumption of LNT which provided
the basis for many radiation exposure regulations, primarily ALARA.

http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceinsider/2011/10/attack-on-radiation-geneticists.html?ref=wp

Since Muller is deceased, we may never know what his motivations were, but the
overwhelming evidence currently available indicates that LNT is a bogus concept.
Adherence to LNT has caused the needless squandering of billions dollars to
protect against a nonexistsent risk. There has been much discussion on radsafe
on this issue. I was wondering whether the recent "revelations" have changed
anybody's opinion on the subject.

Jerry Cohen