[ RadSafe ] Findings of enriched U in Fallujah and elsewhere

Edmond Baratta edmond0033 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 22 18:36:43 CDT 2011

Steve:

In the early 60's during the fallout years, we did a study on strontium-90
in hair.  As a result, it was difficult to draw any conclusions:  "Magno, P.
j., E.J. Baratta, I.E. Leonard,  Strontium-90 in Human Hair, Vol. 12, pp
1493-1496, Health Physics (March 1966)".  We did publish a paper on
Strontium-90 in bones.  These results did show different uptakes, depending
upon the age of the people (bones from deceased persons) studied:  "Baratta,
E.J., E.S. Ferri and M.A. Wall, Strontium-90 in Human Bones in the United
States, 1962-1966,  Vol. 11, No. 4, Radiological Health Data and Reports,
USDHEW, PHS, EHS (April 1970"  The former Journal is still in publication,
but the latter ceased to exist shortly after it was taken over by the USEPA.
The only reason, I mention this is that there have been volumes of E-Mails
on depleted and enriched Uranium and Strontium-90, as you stated without
anything to back them up.

Ed Baratta

edmond0033 at comcast.net