[ RadSafe ] for: Brant Ulsh

Demetrios Okkalides od at tlmq.com
Mon Oct 24 09:20:10 CDT 2011

Brant,

Thanks for the message. Your private e-mail does not seem to work. So I am publishing my answer to the list. I hope this is not an inconvenience to the rest. Here it is:

 I do not think it is a matter of authority or agreement. The request for a negative proof is an impossible task. This is easily demonstrated as follows:

If, in order to use Low Dose - Low Rate radiation, there is a legitimate obligation to prove that  it does NOT have adverse effects, then such an obligation should result to a consensus. It must be extended to anyone’s idea of an adverse effect. I.e, that it does not cause:

a) rabies

b) hair growth

c) smallpox

d) inflation

e) Down syndrome

f) cancer

g) divorce,

h) adverse effects on cancer growth (i.e. diminishes cancer)

.

.

etc.

until such a list is exhausted.  Since this will clearly never happen, it must be concluded that such a request can not be a criterion to decide the use of LD-LR radiation. Hence a different criterion must be found.

Demetrios