[ RadSafe ] Video Guarapari - Chernobyl

Theo Richel theo at richel.org
Sat Oct 29 10:32:09 CDT 2011

LS,

I am preparing a video  for which we will visit both the surroundings of
the Chernobyl area as well as the beaches of Guarapari in Brazil. The
first is considered hell on earth, the second paradise, but nevertheless
the radiation levels in hell are much lower then in paradise. We intend
to contrast the two with a permanent on screen Geiger counter and hope
to convey the message that we are unnecessarily radiophobic.  Everything
will be recorded in HD by a professional cameraman, in case you
wondered. The vid will be available on the internet from the summer of
2012.

In Brazil however they speak Portuguese and in Ukraine (is Ukrainian a
different language then Russian, I do not know?), so I am very much
looking for English speaking contacts in both areas that are more or
less knowledgeable on radiation . Are these people in this group, or can
anyone refer me?

Many thanks

Theo Richel

theo at richel.org