[ RadSafe ] FW: On Ca supplements and Sr absorption

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Mon Oct 31 15:21:45 CDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Keck
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 2:58 PM
On a more serious note, I have some contacts in and from Japan who experienced true life losses with the tsunami and the reactor breeches, and who have been frightened further out of their senses by fearmongers and grandstanders at a time when more unfounded fear is the last thing they need, and - as we all know - fear is easier to start than to end - albeit, perhaps, more profitable as well.

Bradly D. Keck, Ph.D., CHP
---------------------------------

Apropos of this comment, the excellent article by Vincent Covello on Risk Communications in this months "Health Physics" is very relevant to this (and the ongoing discussions of certain people posting scaremongering videos to the web). Should be read by all!

One nugget: it takes at least three positive pieces of information to counteract a single negative..........

Regards
Doug

Doug Aitken
QHSE Advisor, Schlumberger D&M Operations Support
Cell Phone: 713-562-8585
(alternate e-mail: doug.aitken at slb.com )
Mail: c/o Therese Wigzell,
Schlumberger,