[ RadSafe ] FW: On Ca supplements and Sr absorption

Mon Oct 31 16:10:01 CDT 2011

I have seen Vince Covello, on video or in person, several times.  The
first time I was required to go, and thought it would be a waste of
time, and I was completely wrong.  He completely changed my mind about
risk and risk communication.  If you have a chance to attend his
training, it is well worth it.

>Apropos of this comment, the excellent article by Vincent Covello on
Risk Communications in this months "Health Physics" is very relevant to
this (and the ongoing discussions of certain people posting
scaremongering videos to the web). Should be read by all!

One nugget: it takes at least three positive pieces of information to
counteract a single negative..........

Regards
Doug

Doug Aitken
QHSE Advisor, Schlumberger D&M Operations Support
Cell Phone: 713-562-8585
(alternate e-mail: doug.aitken at slb.com )
Mail: c/o Therese Wigzell,
Schlumberger,