[ RadSafe ] Fwd: WG: [srp] France nuclear: Marcoule site blast kills one

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Sep 12 11:01:39 CDT 2011

RADSAFErs,

Before you might get scared by news distributed by mass media, that the next nuclear catastrophe took place in Marcoule, France, I forward to you a message received through Peter Hill from Juelich, Germany.

What actually happened is that an incinerator for low-level waste (paper towels, gloves etc.) exploded. The Austrian newspapers I read online this European afternoon all wrote that there was a severe accident in an "atomic establishment", that this shows again how dangerous nuclear power (!) is and there is no question that the authorities lie when they claim that no radioactivity was released and that there is no danger, bla. bla, bla. BTW there is not even the small reactor anymore on site since long.

Best regards,

Franz

--
Franz Schoenhofer, PhD, MinRat