[ RadSafe ] Fwd: WG: [srp] France nuclear: Marcoule site blast kills one

Perle, Sandy sperle at mirion.com
Mon Sep 12 11:13:47 CDT 2011

I agree, but the problem is that this is lost on the media as well as the
public. All the media needs to do is include the word "nuclear", and this
is what you see. This type of incident could happen in any operation in
any industry, yet that wouldn't even produce one sentence. The term
nuclear makes all the difference.

Regards,

Sandy

-----------------------------------
Sander C. Perle
President
Mirion Technologies
Dosimetry Services Division
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

+1 (949) 296-2306 (Office)
+1 (949) 296-1130 (Fax)

Mirion Technologies: http://www.mirion.com/

On 9/12/11 9:01 AM, "franz.schoenhofer at chello.at"
<franz.schoenhofer at chello.at> wrote:

>RADSAFErs,
>
>Before you might get scared by news distributed by mass media, that the
>next nuclear catastrophe took place in Marcoule, France, I forward to you
>a message received through Peter Hill from Juelich, Germany.
>
>What actually happened is that an incinerator for low-level waste (paper
>towels, gloves etc.) exploded. The Austrian newspapers I read online this
>European afternoon all wrote that there was a severe accident in an
>"atomic establishment", that this shows again how dangerous nuclear power
>(!) is and there is no question that the authorities lie when they claim
>that no radioactivity was released and that there is no danger, bla. bla,
>bla. BTW there is not even the small reactor anymore on site since long.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Franz
>
>--
>Franz Schoenhofer, PhD, MinRat
>Habicherg. 31/7
>A-1160 Vienna
>Austria
>mobile: ++43 699 1706 1227

PROPRIETARY INFORMATION NOTICE:   This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain proprietary information of Mirion Technologies and/or its affiliates.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, delete the original message and all attachments from your computer, and destroy any copies you may have made.  Thank you.