[ RadSafe ] Disposal/Recycle Options for Smoke Detectors

Malloch, Wayne D. Wayne.D.Malloch at maine.gov
Fri Sep 23 09:03:58 CDT 2011

I suggest you contact Siemens Building Technologies Fire Safety
Division.  Siemens acquired Cerberus who acquired Pyrotronics and they
have taken back Ra-226 smoke detectors that have been found in scrap
metal in Maine.  We have dealt with their NJ office (973) 593-6583

http://www.buildingtechnologies.siemens.com
<http://www.buildingtechnologies.siemens.com/>

Also Honeywell Security Group  as Honeywell acquired Ademco.

http://www.security.honeywell.com <http://www.security.honeywell.com/>

Wayne D. Malloch, MS, Health Physicist

State Radioactive Materials Inspector

State Nuclear Security Inspector

Radiation Control Program

286 Water Street, 4th Floor

11 State House Station

Augusta, Maine 04333-0011

Blackberry:  (207) 592-3097

Fax: (207) 287-3059

wayne.d.malloch at maine.gov

Go Green! Print this email only when necessary

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments,
recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all
copies of the original message.