[ RadSafe ] LNT

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 29 14:57:50 CDT 2011

At 10:41 AM 9/29/2011, James Salsman wrote:
>How do you control for confounding effects when the internal emitters
>are chemical genotoxins?

Give me one example. I don't know of any radionuclides that are also
chemical genotoxiicants in typical exposure quantities even though I
have been studying radiation effects for many years.

If chemical toxicity is a factor, any observed effect might be
attributed to the ionizing radiation.

Otto

P.S. Technically, a "toxin" is a poisonous protein of biological
origin, Poisonous substances are called "toxicants".

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140