[ RadSafe ] Researcher Points to Suppression of EvidenceOnRadiation Effects by Nobel Laureate; Burlakova

Fri Sep 30 13:05:23 CDT 2011

You seem to have missed my point.  I believe that to maximize the
credibility of the experiment it should be designed by several
researchers of approximately the same level of expertise who hold
differing positions, in this case supporting LNT and not supporting LNT,
and perhaps someone supporting hormesis (though that might be best
handled in a separate experiment).  If all parties work in good faith,
identifying and addressing weaknesses in the experiment BEFORE it is
conducted, and focusing their efforts on ensuring the experiment is done
well and the results are analyzed with an eye on completeness and
intellectual honesty, rather than supporting a prejudice, I believe
something truly worthwhile could occur.

I am not familiar with the work of Prof. Burakova, but sadly, your
endorsement does not enhance her credibility.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu
[mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of Busby, Chris
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:43 AM
To: The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing
List; The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics)
MailingList
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Researcher Points to Suppression of
EvidenceOnRadiation Effects by Nobel Laureate; Burlakova

Dear Radsafers
This experiment has been done. Check  out E.B.Burlakova, Low doses of
radiation, are they dangerous. Nova Science Publishers. New Y0rk 2000.
The book discusses the many experiments by Elena Burlakova, who is head
of the Russian Academy of Sciences institute of Radiation Biology (also
a member of ECRR and a friend of mine). Now she is the Director of the
Institute of Biochemical Physics in the Russian Academy of Sciences,
Moscow. Prof Burlakova has published many tens of papers on this issue.
Cheers
Chris