[ RadSafe ] Agreement States v. NRC (was: radiography incident)

William Lipton doctorbill34 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 14:56:53 CDT 2012

I agree with your statement that heavier fines are needed to deter
violations.  One egregious example involved the NRC.  I forget the date,
but it involved a physician in PA who had a satellite office in NJ.  His
license required him to visit the NJ office at a certain frequency.  He not
only failed to do this, but falsified records to make it look as if he had
made the visits, i.e. a willful violation.  The end result was a token fine
which I calculated was less than the cost of compliance would have been.

Bill Lipton
It's not about dose, it's about trust.