[ RadSafe ] (was: radiography incident) I do not envy the inspector s

William Lipton doctorbill34 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 18:50:42 CDT 2012

For US  power reactors, 10 CFR 50.70(b)(4) specifies:

*"(4) The licensee or construction permit holder (nuclear power reactor
only) shall ensure that the arrival and presence of an NRC inspector, who
has been properly authorized facility access as described in paragraph
(b)(3) of this section, is not announced or otherwise communicated by its
employees or contractors to other persons at the facility unless
specifically requested by the NRC inspector.*"

This helps prevent the gatehouse signalling the workers of your arrival.

Bill Lipton
It's not about dose, it's about trust.