[ RadSafe ] Frequent dental X-rays linked to most common brain tumor

Mohan Doss mohan.doss at fccc.edu
Tue Apr 10 14:46:53 CDT 2012

The article title says link observed between dental X-rays and
meningiomas.  Inside the article it says high dose radiation used for
dental X-rays in olden time period increased the risk for meningiomas.
Now people who read the headline that will be well publicized, and not
the fine print, are going to be afraid of having dental X-rays, having
been misled into thinking current low dose dental X-rays cause
meningiomas.  (Look out for a Dr Oz show in the near future about the
dangers of dental X-ray exams).  Great strategy to maintain the status
quo of low dose radio-phobia.

Mohan Doss, Ph.D., MCCPM
Medical Physicist, Diagnostic Imaging,
Associate Professor,