[ RadSafe ] Benchmarking best nuclear industry practices on the use of HEPA filter vacuums during clean-up of radiological contamination

Roger Helbig rwhelbig at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 08:08:09 CDT 2012

The US Navy's Environmental Detachment at Mare Island used HEPA filter
vaccuums in conjunction with scabblers to pulverize and remove
off successive layers of concrete to remove both radiological and PCB
contamination.  I have wondered whether a similar technique could be used
to good effect in decontaminating areas near Fukushima that have Cesium
contamination.

Roger Helbig