[ RadSafe ] Benchmarking best nuclear industry practices on the use of HEPA filter vacuums during clean-up of radiological contamination

Scott Davidson bsdnuke at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 08:04:32 CDT 2012

I have recent experience using a Rad-H-2000 RADeCo skid that uses
HEPAs for general ventilation and capture of particles close in.  The
skid was designed to comply with ANSI N 13.1 to allow monitoring of
the exhaust of the HEPA.  These were used at the DOE SPRU facility to
develop an EPA permit for release during D&D operations.

If you are interested, I can provide further information on the unit,
operation, quantification of release and dose evaluation and
engineering issues to deal with.

Scott Davidson