[ RadSafe ] Need a check source? Uranium glass sculptures...

Cary Renquist cary.renquist at ezag.com
Mon Aug 6 12:29:24 CDT 2012

I "need" the giant ant...

C.

KEN and Julia Yonetani are adamant their radioactive artworks are safe.
They even had scientists from the Australian Nuclear Science and
Technology Organisation measure the amount of radiation produced by the
works in What the Birds Knew.

Yet it's hard not to feel apprehensive in the presence of installations
that glow brightly because of the uranium glass beads used in their
creation.

''I guess when you turn on the light and it glows and you've been
handling it all day you go 'oh','' Julia says. ''We got the beads tested
just to make sure because when people hear 'uranium' they automatically
think of danger.''

Radioactive art tackles fall-out for Japan
http://j.mp/Msbqt5

What the Birds Knew features new large  scale works
http://j.mp/OZ2tHi

---
Cary Renquist
crenquist at isotopeproducts.com or cary.renquist at ezag.com