[ RadSafe ] San Clemente panel urges radiation monitoring innewcity blueprint

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Fri Feb 17 16:37:46 CST 2012

My conclusion is as always that any hope to convince people to a reasonable view of nuclear power will fail as long as politicians and massmedia can be sure to gain a few votes and a few percent increase of sold papers.

I do not endorse a censorship to suppress any negative - and wrong! - messages about nuclear power, but I have not the slightest idea, how this problem could be solved. In France, Sweden and Finland there is a reasonable attitude to nuclear power - but how to change the attitude of for instance the US population??? (BTW I saw in Lovisa (Finland) at the main square a device showing online the actual dose rates. But this was in Finland!)

Best regards a wishes!

Franz