[ RadSafe ] Radioactivity in Granite Countertops

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Feb 27 13:55:24 CST 2012

Stewart.

The most appropriate person on Radsafe to ask would be without doubt Dan McCarn.

In Vienna - but not only there - streets are covered with what I think is in English "cobble stones" made of granite from northern Lower Austria. When driving on Viennese roads one can easily distinguish between those granite pavements and the asphalt ones. The advantage of the granite cobble stones is without doubt, that they will resist everydays wear for hundreds or thousands of years.....

Best regards,

Franz