[ RadSafe ] Two Japanese Towns are Uninhabitable

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Jan 10 15:44:15 CST 2012

RADSAFErs,

A provocative questions to all who read those horror stories about Fukushima, supplemented by similar horror stories about Chernobyl:

Do you really believe all these "news", which are only targeted to enhance adrenaline in readers and enhance the distribution of the paper? If you do I feel sorry for you.

I do not understand why any nonsense about Fukushima and Chernobyl is distributed on RADSAFE. I would support the distribution if it was clearly marked as "news-nonsense". Fortunately there were and are independent state authorities which distribute measurement results which can be trusted.

I myself have written the first report on the impact of Chernobyl on Austria. To be honest: I expected a lot of intervention to change some wording (not data). It did not happen at all, not a single call. Is there nobody on RADSAFE who has recognized that the main goal of all these groups like the multinational business company GREENPEACE and many other self appointed environmental groups is to undermine credibility of state authorities, of university institutions who do not support them??? What will be the end of this process?

I am not in favour of following all government decisions, I am not in favour of taking everything for granted, what scientists claim, but least I take anything for granted what "Environmental NGOs" claim.

Maybe food for thought and hopefully for an answer!

Best regards from

Franz