[ RadSafe ] A non-solution for a non-problem

Jerry Cohen jjc105 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 17:27:56 CST 2012

Previously, on radsafe, the BNL tritium problem was discussed and, as I recall,
it was shown that in no way was it a public health problem. In fact, there is no
way that release of tritium to the environment could, in general, cause a
significant health problem . Given this situation, I am disturbed that so much
of my tax money has been squandered on a project that is little more than "show
business". Given the technological ignorance of the news media, couldn't the DOE
find a much cheaper way to assuage the concerns of a technologically ignorant
public than shipping water to Oak Ridge?