[ RadSafe ] Victoreen 450

Baumbaugh, Joel T CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-PACIFIC, 55360 joel.baumbaugh at navy.mil
Thu Jul 5 11:44:25 CDT 2012

Chris,

I have to second your thoughts on the 450. Exposure-wise, it was one instrument that I could always trust.  It had its "issues" but sometimes simple is better and this was (IMHO) one of those cases.

On every other conceivable measurement I always had my trusty Ludlum-3.  I could just plug in every conceivable particle/photon detector and reliably see what was around me (or on me).  At least Ludlum is still on the ball...

Joel Baumbaugh
San Diego