[ RadSafe ] Chernobyl's radioactive trees and the forest fire risk - Tower Shielding Facility at ORNL

Dixon, John E. (CDC/ONDIEH/NCEH) gyf7 at cdc.gov
Tue Jul 24 12:23:12 CDT 2012

I remember DOSAR. It did not have any fuel in it at the time I worked at ORNL. I remember the Tower Shielding Facility (same comment). There was an old farm house across the valley from one of the facility windows which housed the TSR. The TSR could operate while inside this facility, as well as during the "hoisted" operations. Rumor has it that this window allowed a neutron beam to blast the farm house across the valley. I am not old enough to verify that.

Regards,
John E. Dixon