[ RadSafe ] "overwhelming" number of scientists andclimatechange

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Wed Jul 25 16:18:55 CDT 2012

RADSAFErs,

Please forgive me!!!! I have no sour throat, but a sore one....... I helped myself in the meantime with a glass of Spanish redwine at ambient temperature. Good night!

Franz

---- franz.schoenhofer at chello.at schrieb:
> Jerry, Terry, Karen,

I wondered the last days, whether I was on the right list - climate change, global warming and the like instead of radiation protection, nuclear energy (and the like). Karen seems to be a (polite) troll, because she changes (again politely) the subject away from radiation protection. She uses a lot of psychological tricks, like "I am curious what you believe on global warming" and similar. If you really want to know my "opinion", which does not count at all: I have no opinion, because I have (except common sense) no knowledge about climatology nor paleoclimatology. Do you or anybody else on this list believe that the climate will behave as  being determined by an opinion poll????????This is absurd!!!!!!

Jerry, as for your belief on having another beer: This is a very clever decision and I would like to join  you, but unfortunatély I have in spite of the high temperatur in Vienna a sour throat and this means I should not drink any cold liquid - and a warm beer is the worst drink I can think of!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Franz

---- Jerry Cohen <jjc105 at yahoo.com> schrieb:
> Karen,, I am curious--how do we determine what the overwhelming number of
scientists believe  or not believe. Of the 100 or so scientisst who I might
personally know, almost all of them believe that concern over global warming is
nonsense. Of course, the number of scientisists who I might personally know is a
small frection of the total number, but I suspect it might be a representative
sample. Has anyone done a statistically valid survey on the subject?
As to what do I believe-----
    I believe I'll have another beer.