[ RadSafe ] An interesting article, "Germany sets weekend record for solar power"

ROY HERREN royherren2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 16:57:46 CDT 2012

I looked at
http://www.sma.de/en/company/pv-electricity-produced-in-germany.html for the
solar output over time on 06/02/2012 and I was quite impressed with the
graphical display of information.  The solar energy distribution over the time
of day is an almost perfect Bell Curve.  I noticed that the peak energy
production was at 1430.  Your point that the solar energy production on
12/15/2011 was substantially less than the recent production is well taken.  It
is difficult to imagine how one could run an industrial society on solar
electricity in the winter time.

 Roy Herren