[ RadSafe ] San Onofre nuclear plant -- please don't forget to vote -- li...

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 17:10:43 CDT 2012

Hey Radsafe,

     What's going on here --- is some newspaper poll  going to determine if
San Onofre will
remain open???  Be serious.  The utility company will never let  that
happen.  Except unless the new
liberal NRC steps in at this time.

     The geophysicists/seismologists of the NOAA???  Tsunami warning center
in Hawaii and
elsewhere should be able to tell us all if a serious Tsunami will ever hit
the San Onofre Nuclear
Power Station.  If those guys aren't too busy catching some rays and
surfing???
The strike-slip faults near California are not like the subduction zone
faults near Japan.
It is pretty well known that big Tsunamis are caused by Subduction Zone
Quakes.
The nearest subduction zones to California are Mexico, Seattle and  Alaska.
 Certainly not directly
next to the San Onofre Nuclear plant.  Look for papers by  California-based
seismologists
(Heaton, Kanamori, Francis Wu, Tseng, L. Hutchings, K. Hutton, L. Jones
etc.) in Journal of
Geophysical Research, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America,
Geophysical Journal
International etc. for more Tsunami information.  Or consult the  internet.

     What's the remaining estimated time of operation  of San Onofre???
Another 20 years????
Will a serious Tsunami level San Onofre in that time period?  Once San
Onofre is done in its
operating phase, place its stored High Level Waste somewhere  else.   I'm
not saying a Fukushima-style
event in California won't happen, but the probability is not high.

    Vote in the poll if that's what you want to do...

     Surf's UP!!!!!

     Regards,     Joseph R. (Joe)  Preisig, PhD

In a message dated 6/20/2012 1:14:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,