[ RadSafe ] Natural gamma rays linked to childhood leukaemia

Dixon, John E. (CDC/ONDIEH/NCEH) gyf7 at cdc.gov
Wed Jun 27 07:08:21 CDT 2012

I would love to see all of the data. Seems that this "study" is making a HUGE reach. Humans are all born into a field of background radiation. Have these folks looked into the other end of the spectrum here? What does the ABSENCE of all radiation (if that is even possible) do to the childhood leukemia rate?

Regards,

John E. Dixon, CHP

  Natural gamma rays linked to childhood leukaemia

A small but statistically significant link between risk of childhood leukaemia and the gamma rays we are all exposed to from our natural environment has been detected in a very large study led by Oxford University researchers.