[ RadSafe ] Recent nuclear power debate in Sydney (26 June 2012)

Brent Rogers brent.rogers at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jun 27 17:50:35 CDT 2012

I'm pleased with the results of the poll, but am optimistically cautious.  One would have to gather that the people in the audience wouldn't be your typical 'man on the street', I suspect the education level would be higher than 'standard man'.

That could be positive or negative, as most educated people also tend to be married to their ideology.  True, most of the undecideds went to the 'pro' side, but the 'anti' side also grew, although by only 1%.  I would have liked to see some of the anti's actually move into the pro side, which one might observe were it a mix of people that represented the population.  Admittedly, if I were there I would have been 'pro' on both the before and the after, regardless of what the debaters said.

Brent Rogers
Sydney Australia

Brevity alert: Sent from my iPad