[ RadSafe ] Birds and radioactivity

Robert J Gunter rjgunter at chpconsultants.com
Mon Mar 5 12:38:52 CST 2012

I am working with a  research group to monitor swallows in Japan with TLD.
They are also doing work at Chernobyl on birds.  Some species of birds come
back to the same nest year after year, which makes banding and re-catching
feasible.  For these birds we will have actual dose numbers (external
anyway) and are working to do fast whole body counts of them too.  As you
can imagine, location is everything in regard to dose.  I guess that means
the most important things in real estate is location, location, location,
and location.

Rob

Robert J. Gunter, MSc, CHP
CHP Consultants/CHP Dosimetry