[ RadSafe ] bird brains

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Wed Mar 7 08:05:34 CST 2012

Jerry,

If one really wants to find common expressions in different languages - we can find them! It was funny to recognize that you have the expression "birdbrain" for what we call at least in Vienna "Spatzenhirn" ("sparve brain") - the poor sparve is a symbol of "small", though the size of the animal does scientifically seen not reflect its intellectual capabilities! Taking into consideration that the size of human brains is approximately the same how could we explain the extraordinary differences in IQ's?

Best regards,

Franz