[ RadSafe ] Cancer

john at ird.gov.br john at ird.gov.br
Sun Mar 11 11:56:35 CDT 2012

Hello Franz,

I imagine that it is far too late to try and change
the way you relate to other people, but do you know that it is possible
to communicate your opinion without being so agressive?

Furthermore,
to associate Sir Ian McAdam - a far better man than me, and most
probably a far better man than you - with any form of charlatinism is
for me unacceptable.

I find it hard that I have to have to explain the
message behind my email, but summing up for Franz's benefit:

The
article about the MSKC Center work and my anecdote are two of thousands
of examples that there is still a long way to go to understand cancer.

The scientific process is many times advanced by chance observations
which are further investigated, repeated and which lead, in the medical
area, to improved treatment protocols.

My understanding of the case is
that somehow the radiotherapy plus chemotherapy or surgery stimulates
the patients immunological system which then does the job of destroying
the remaining cancerous tissue. Or possibly not. But it's certainly
worth following up the lead.

Cancer is a bit off-topic, and this my
last word on this subject,

regards,

John Hunt

IRD/CNEN

On Sun,
11 Mar 2012 16:35:45 +0100, franz.schoenhofer at chello.at wrote:

John,

> what does this prove???? Nothing!!!!!
>
> Single cases do
not prove anything - where is the scientific justification to prove that
this would be a cure for millions of people affected????? This is what
we need, not mystical single cures on just one or another patient. I do
not dispute that such mystirious
> healings might occur, but to extend
them to being a regular and predictable phenomenon is absurd and opens
the gates to all kind of charlatans. We already have enough of this kind
- also until recently one on RADSAFE.

> Franz
>
>> Dear Roy, Many
thanks for the interesting article on cancer. It reminds me of talks I
had many years ago with my step-father, Sir Ian McAdam, a professor of
surgery. short CV http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1115607/
[1][16] We talked about cancer and he told me that he had performed a
many operations on patients with melanoma. This was in Uganda in the
1970s, with no radiotherapy or chemotherapy. The procedure was to remove
as much as possible of the cancerous tissue. But he knew that in some
cases he had not removed it all, and the conventional wisdom is that the
remaining cancerous tissue would eventually grow back. However, Sir Ian
said, in a small number of these cases the patient went through full
remission, was followed up and apparently showed no further traces of
the melanoma. regards, John Hunt IRD/CNEN On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 22:05:36
-0800 (PST), ROY HERREN wrote:

>>> Franz, There is hope yet for a
cure!
>> Please see the following article, which is a
>>
>>> very
appropriate
>> response to your e-mail and an appropriate topic for this
ww
>> a>[5]) is one of, if not "the", best Cancer Centers in the United
States. cite" style="padding-left:5px; border-left:#1010ff 2px solid

:5px; width:100%">From: "franz.schoenhofer at chello.at [2] [7]"
International Radiation Protection (H
>> ) MailingList Subject: Re: [
RadSafe ] Cancer Joe, I am following those "genome" sensation

2px solid; margin-left:5px; width:100%">when I
>> which cancer - are
you? As long as there is no definite cure for "cancer" to preven

ng-left:5px; border-left:#1010ff 2px solid; margin-left:5px;
width:100%">as possible, bu
>> ondition that my brain works as well as
it does now. >
>> _jpreisig at aol.com">_jpreisig at aol.com [1]_
(mailto:jpreisig at aol.com [4] [2]) . Hope you all are well. We seem to
know a great deal

>>> complete. Consider that once you know how to
solve the puzzle of a
>> , it may be easy to do. Cancer still has a few
secrets or tricks left. There was a show by 60 Minutes (USA Television)
that

>>> e human genome. Work has also been done by Federal (US
>> earch organizations. The next secrets about cancer may be in the
various ON/OFF switches set up in human DNA. People interested in un

>>> rds, Joseph R. (Joe) Preisig, PhD __

>> [4] -- Franz Schoenhofer, PhD, MinRat
Habicherg. 31/7 A-1160 Vienna Austria mobile: ++43 699 1706 1227
subscribed to the R

>>> eft:5px; width:100%">Befor
>> essage to
RadSafe be sure to have read and understood the RadSafe rules. These can
be found at: For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe and
other settings visit: _jpreisig at aol.com [2] mailto:

.com">jpreisig at aol.com [3] http://health.phys.iit.edu/radsaferules.html
[7] [4] http://www.mskcc.org/news/announcement/rare-medical-p

f="mail