[ RadSafe ] closure of Brookhaven Lab, NY?

Andycgeo at aol.com Andycgeo at aol.com
Tue Mar 13 09:39:14 CDT 2012

The EML laboratory part of DOE closed down about 5-6 years ago and had
become part of Homeland Security. There is no radiochemistry or radiation
physics departments any longer. Also there are no Radon chamber facilities
where I did my radon related research for more than 30 years. The number of
employees is down to 30 people from the more than 100 that worked in the 1980s
and 1990s.

The reality is that radiation research and radiation safety and  innovation
is in a sorry state.

Andy George

In a message dated 3/13/2012 9:16:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,