[ RadSafe ] Modeling Atmospheric Transport and Dispersion

Dixon, John E. (CDC/ONDIEH/NCEH) gyf7 at cdc.gov
Tue Mar 20 13:27:43 CDT 2012

Ahmad,

Would Hotspot 2.07 be of use? It is available from Lawrence Livermore Lab. It's strictly Gaussian. I don't know if LLNL makes public, free software which incorporates Lagrangian modeling. I believe EPA publishes a package called CAP 88 which might be available.

If a Fukushima type event occurred in the US, universally adopted modeling originates from the NARAC through a group known as IMAAC (Interagency modeling and  atmospheric assessment center). If you Google NARAC, you should get a lot of useful information. IMAAC would be (or is supposed to be) the single modeling "voice" used by interagency response forces to a radiological event.

Regards,
John Dixon