[ RadSafe ] Mars Radiation Won't Harm Astronauts, Curiosity Rover Finds

radiation radiation at noos.fr
Sun Nov 18 13:11:15 CST 2012

There are certainly more important issues than radiation dose on Mars,
However, it is no way forbidden to ask "What-If" questions. That is part
of science & technology development and of human curiosity. For that
reason it is useless to ridicule these topics.

A thorough scientific study on this was presented at the 12th
International Conference on Radiation Shielding & ANS Radiation
Protection and Shielding Topical held at Nara Japan from 2-7 September
2012. The program is accessible through <http://www.icrs12.org/>
The paper presented is
ESTIMATES OF EXTREME SOLAR PARTICLE EVENT RADIATION EXPOSURES ON MARS
Lawrence TOWNSEND (Univ. of Tennessee, USA), Anne ADAMCZYK, Charles
WERNETH, Hanna MOUSSA, Jeremy TOWNSEND
The abstract can be found on pg. 125  of
<http://www.icrs12.org/img/Abstracts_ICRS12.pdf>

Kind regards

Dr. Enrico Sartori